Cecilia over at The Kitchen’s Garden, kindly tagged and challenged me a while back to answer these 10 questions about myself. I’ve tried to give you guys a little breather since my last post about me, and hopefully you’ve recovered by now, so I’m going to fire these off!
1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Caring human-being, loving wife and daughter, loyal friend, artist, food-lover, cat-mother, nature-loving-good-intentioned-gardener. Oh, sorry, guess that was more like 7 titles, not 7 words.
2. What keeps you up at Night?
The sound of a leaf dropping. I’m an unbelievably light sleeper and function at a high level of sleep deficit.
3. Who would I like to be?
To quote a famous old cartoon character: “I am what’s I am, and that’s all what’s I am!” (No, I don’t wish to be Popeye the Sailor Man, or anyone else.)
4. What am I wearing right now?
Sweat-shirt, leggings, tennies….standard winter freelance work uniform.
5. What scares me?
Bad car drivers, cockroaches (eeeeeeek!), tornadoes…hmmm, there seems to be a pattern of unpredictability here, what does that mean?
6. The best and worst of blogging.
The best: I think most of us who blog would answer this the same way, but the best of blogging for me is all the people you “meet” out there, reading their blogs, sharing ideas, commenting, being able to express yourself and be “heard,” “laughing” together, and learning about new stuff…oh my gosh, the learning! And I might add that I’ve gotten to know some folks I already knew much better through blogging, and also perhaps more about myself, as well!
The worst: This also is most likely the same answer many will give, but the worst of blogging is the increasing amount of time it takes—and that you want to take—to “see” everyone and read their posts and try to keep up with commenting (because you want to comment, don’t ya know?), and of course, still keep your own posts coming…and in the case of food blogs…still have time to cook!
7. The last website I visited.
8. What is the one thing I would change about myself.
I’d like to have a faster metabolism, or at least have inherited the natural “thinner” gene in my family, so that I didn’t have to worry about gaining weight! Wouldn’t that be swell?
9. Slankets yes or no?
I’m sure they are quite warm, but no, thanks.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you!
- Cecilia was amongst the first bloggers to come and visit me, comment and subscribe, which was so encouraging, and she’s continued to be so encouraging and inspirational ever since!
- The stories she tells and the imagery her written word conjures about her life, her farm, her animals and her experiences, are like reading a great book that you just cannot put down…and the photographs she takes are as compelling and masterfully done as the stories.
- Her tips and her instructions on how to do or make things ranging from homemade wine to wax candles are such fun…I just want to do it, too!
- She also has some great ideas on living one’s life to the fullest…very important stuff.
- She’s started a one-woman mission (a most excellent idea) to get everyone to have a garden or grow something…big or small and you can check out her Kitchen’s Garden Project on Facebook.
And now I will do my tagging of some folks to be next in line to answer these questions…if you like. Happy answering. Cheerio for now!
Rumpy Dog (I cannot wait to hear how Rumpy would answer these! 😉 )